Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Chong Chun Yong <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/20 18:10:33 UTC

Request for survey participants

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Good day, my name is Chong Chun Yong, currently working as a research
assistance as well as master degree student at the national university
of Malaysia - University of Malaya.

For your information, our University have recently launched a research
project  title "On demand resource allocation using Cloud Computing".
We are currently using VCL as the platform, enabling our university
students to perform resource reservation through our private cloud
infrastructure. So far our prototype has proven to be successful and
we plan to migrate the whole system to a blade server.

The part that I am in charge of is to design a software architecture
of the entire system in order to migrate our server smoothly. In order
to achieve that, I plan to perform an Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP)
test to identify which of the software quality to prioritize in cloud
computing environment. It is an undeniable fact that there are no
system architecture that capable of fulfill each and every software
quality requirement. This is basically due to conflict and trade-off
between each software quality attribute. Thus, I would like to perform
a questionnaire to formally identify which software quality attribute
should be given the highest priority.

** My main purpose for this survey is to identify which software
quality to be prioritize in cloud computing environment using VCL as
the platform.

The survey participant that I am looking for are VCL system
administrator as well as VCL developers. I hope that based on the
experience of maintaining and improving VCL platform, these group of
users able to provide valuable feedbacks in the survey.
 I would need around 20 participants who had been playing with VCL to
conduct this test. The questionnaire would be in the form of pairwise
comparison between several software qualities. The questionnaire is
fairly simple as the participant would only need to provide score on
the compared software quality.

Thus, I am hoping that there are developers from the VCL dev list
would be kind enough to help me in this survey. I would be really
grateful if this test can be conducted smoothly. I will send the
questionnaire form upon acceptance of any volunteers. I sincerely hope
that my humble request can be accepted.

Hope to receive a favorable reply from you soon.

Yours sincerely,
Chong Chun Yong
Email address: chunyong0903@gmail.com
Telephone No:  60127326669
Address:  Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology,
University of Malaya, 50603 Lembah Pantai, Kuala Lumpur MALAYSIA