Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Marc Salvetti <ma...@notremanou.net> on 2005/06/17 11:06:09 UTC

Scheduling tasks

Hello,

I need some files to be checked once a day and eventually updated
depending on certain conditions (if a date inside the document is before
the date of the day, some attributes need to be changed inside the doc)

Does anyone know the right cocoon component to use for that ?

Thanks,

Marc

Re: Scheduling tasks

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.
Have you looked at the samples from the cron block?

It looks like it contains a lot of hints and quite an extensive sample.

Cheers,
Geert

Marc Salvetti wrote:

> Thanks,
> that's definitly what i need, but i badly miss a basic example on how to
> launch a pipeline everyday
>
> anyone around have one ?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Marc
>
> Geert Josten a icrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Take a look at the cron block, that might be what you are looking for...
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Geert
>>
>> Marc Salvetti wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I need some files to be checked once a day and eventually updated
>>> depending on certain conditions (if a date inside the document is
>>> before the date of the day, some attributes need to be changed inside
>>> the doc)
>>>
>>> Does anyone know the right cocoon component to use for that ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Marc

=====================================
NB: het Daidalos kantoor is sinds 22 april
jl. gevestigd op een nieuw adres:

Daidalos BV
Hoekeindsehof 1 - 4
2665 JZ Bleiswijk
tel: +31 (0)10 850 12 00
fax: +31 (0)10 850 11 99

Bovenstaand adres is tevens het postadres.
======================
Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV

http://www.daidalos.nl/

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50

Re: Scheduling tasks

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.

=====================================

Re: Scheduling tasks

Posted by Marc Salvetti <ma...@notremanou.net>.
Thx a lot, that makes it much clearer ;)

Marc

Re: Scheduling tasks

Posted by Lionel Crine <cr...@4dconcept.fr>.

Marc Salvetti wrote:

> Thanks lionel,
>
> but what about this cron job thing ? do i have to code a java class
> that implements some interface or is there a class to do this in the
> distrib ?
> In the example, the config seems to be spread in differents files. Do
> you know what is the minimal (but complete) configuration to lanch a
> pipe everyday ?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Marc
>
> Lionel Crine a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In this example, the trigger will be launched everyday at 2 AM :
>> <cron>0 0 2 * * ? *</cron>
>>
>> Here, every 30 mins :
>> <cron>* */30 *  * * ? *</cron>
>>
>> Hope that help
>>
>> Lionel
>>

>> Marc Salvetti wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> that's definitly what i need, but i badly miss a basic example on
>>> how to launch a pipeline everyday
>>>
>>> anyone around have one ?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Marc

Lionel CRINE
Ingénieur Systèmes documentaires
Société : 4DConcept
22 rue Etienne de Jouy 78353 JOUY EN JOSAS
Tel : 01.34.58.70.70 Fax : 01.39.46.06.90

Re: Scheduling tasks

Posted by Marc Salvetti <ma...@notremanou.net>.
Thanks lionel,

Re: Scheduling tasks