Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ad...@netcourrier.com on 2002/11/19 19:39:16 UTC

Modules in struts 1.1

Hi all,

I'm trying to use struts 1.1 modules.
I'm migrating old Struts 1.0 web application.
For the moment i have isolated a part of this application and followed the user guide to put it in a module. The other part is defaut ans still use struts-config.xml.

So i have :
- struts-config.xml
- struts-module1.xml
- a directory called module1 in my web application root directory.
- my web.xml declare 2 config files :
<init-param>
   <param-name>config</param-name>
</init-param>
<init-param>
   <param-name>config/module1</param-name>
   <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-module1.xml</param-value>
</init-param>

My problem is when im in my module called "module1", it seems action mapping is schearching for actions in my default struts-congig.xml file?...

I also try to switch from my welcome page to my module1 and get : "Invalid sub-application prefix activiteReduite was specified"
when using SwitchAction... :-(

What did i do wrong?

Thanks for help.

Alexandre.

Re: Modules in struts 1.1

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
aduprat.struts@netcourrier.com wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm trying to use struts 1.1 modules.
>I'm migrating old Struts 1.0 web application.
>For the moment i have isolated a part of this application and followed the user guide to put it in a module. The other part is defaut ans still use struts-config.xml.
>
>So i have :
>- struts-config.xml
>- struts-module1.xml
>- a directory called module1 in my web application root directory.
>- my web.xml declare 2 config files :
><init-param>
>   <param-name>config</param-name>
>   <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml</param-value>
></init-param>
><init-param>
>   <param-name>config/module1</param-name>
>   <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-module1.xml</param-value>
></init-param>
>

>My problem is when im in my module called "module1", it seems action mapping is schearching for actions in my default struts-congig.xml file?...

What makes you say this?  Which build are you using?  You probably want
to be using a nightly build if you're using modules.  There was a bug
for a while that is fixed in the nightly build.

>I also try to switch from my welcome page to my module1 and get : "Invalid sub-application prefix activiteReduite was specified"
>when using SwitchAction... :-(

SwitchAction takes two request parameters:
    - prefix: the name of the module (module1 in your example)
    - page: the action you wish to invoke

It sounds to me like you gave it an invalid module name.

>What did i do wrong?
>
>Thanks for help.
>
>Alexandre.

It sounds like you're setting things up right in your web.xml, etc.  I
don't have enough information about your two modules to formulate a
hypothesis about what is going wrong.  Could you elaborate?

--
Eddie Bush