Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by kranga <kr...@k2d2.org> on 2006/06/28 00:16:02 UTC

[classlib] Timeline question

Hi Harmony developers,
    I checked the jdk1.4 and 1.5 comparison charts and 1.4 coverage looks
impressive and 1.5 looks like 75%. Can anyone give me their best estimate of
when you think you'll have a 95% + coverage of jdk 1.5?

Thanks
KR

Re: [classlib] Timeline question

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
kranga wrote:
> Hi Harmony developers,
>    I checked the jdk1.4 and 1.5 comparison charts and 1.4 coverage looks
> impressive and 1.5 looks like 75%. Can anyone give me their best
> estimate of when you think you'll have a 95% + coverage of jdk 1.5?

No :)

It's a very difficult question, because progress in this area depends on
volunteers (like yourself :) to contribute.

We've been very fortunate so far to get the 'bulk' contributions we've
received from Intel and IBM to really get us on our way, but it's up to
us in the project to take it from there.

My unscientific guess is that by sometime in the first quarter of next
year, we'll be complete.  That's my hope, anyway.

geir