Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jearanai Vongsaard <je...@science.gmu.edu> on 2000/02/17 22:57:31 UTC

CGI insight apache

Hi,

How can you use the URL for the CGI program inside Apache? I need find out
how to put CGI inside the apache.  Is it about system configuration (eve
variable values)? Thank in advance.

Best regards,
--apple

Re: CGI insight apache

Posted by "G.W. Haywood" <ge...@jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Jearanai Vongsaard wrote:

> How can you use the URL for the CGI program inside Apache? I need find out
> how to put CGI inside the apache.  Is it about system configuration (eve
> variable values)? Thank in advance.

CGI means Common Gateway Interface.  It isn't so much a programme, as
a standard.  I think you need to read the `Eagle Book' and the `Guide'
which are

``Writing Apache Modules with Perl and C'', ISBN 9-781565 925670, by
Lincoln Stein and Doug MacEachern.  It is available from O'Reilley
(www.oreilly.com) and (of course) from www.jubileegroup.co.uk.

and

http://perl.apache.org/guide

73,