Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Development Team <de...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/04 23:01:26 UTC

Solr 1.4 NamedList package change -- and JAR file change from core to SolrJ?

Hi everybody,

     I am using Java to access some Solr statistics directly from the
SolrInfoMBean.getStatistics() in Solr 1.4 (nightly build from June 3 '09).
     In Solr 1.3, the NamedList being returned by
SolrInfoMBean.getStatistics() was in org.apache.solr.util, but it has
changed to return a NamedList in org.apache.solr.common.util (looks like the
class changed packages). The problem is that not only has the package
changed, but also the class file has moved over to the SolrJ JAR file. And
oddly, the original NamedList is still present in org.apache.solr.util in
the solr-core JAR.
     I shouldn't have to include the SolrJ JAR in my project just so that I
can access the NamedList object when reading stats from the SolrInfoMBean,
should I? Can this be changed back?
     (In fact, this is by far a secondary concern:  It has always seemed odd
to me that I need to import a specific Solr object just to read data out of
the MBean, shouldn't it be using standard Java Collections classes?)

Sincerely,

     Daryl.