Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Xaver <Ja...@t-online.de> on 2004/05/28 23:24:54 UTC

cocoon doesn't start

Hello,

 I'm new to cocoon  so please be patient. I've installed  Tomcat 5.25
which works well, after that I've downloaded cocoon 2.04 and istalled it
as in the install file described. After resterted tomcat say:

  HTTP Status 404 - /cocoon/

*type* Status report

*message* _/cocoon/_

*description* _The requested resource (/cocoon/) is not available
_

I've fpund this line in the log file which semms to me very suspect, but
I don't know what that mean :

Found Node:
Catalina:j2eeType=WebModule,name=//localhost/cocoon,J2EEApplication=none,J2EEServer=none

Please help.

Xaver
_
_

Re: cocoon doesn't start

Posted by Xaver <Ja...@t-online.de>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 28.05.2004 23:24, Xaver wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm new to cocoon  so please be patient.
>

> First warning: please don't ask for return receipts on public mailing
> lists ;-)
>

> Thanks for the help and sorry for the receipt,  I noticed it after I
> sent the mail., too late. O:-)

Xaver

Re: cocoon doesn't start

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 28.05.2004 23:24, Xaver wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to cocoon  so please be patient.

First warning: please don't ask for return receipts on public mailing
lists ;-)

> I've installed  Tomcat 5.25
> which works well, after that I've downloaded cocoon 2.04 and istalled it
> as in the install file described. After resterted tomcat say:

When you start with Cocoon you should start with Cocoon 2.1.5 and not
the old and no longer maintained 2.0.4. Though you have to build your
Cocoon yourself since 2.1, the build system is much easier and there
should be no problem building and starting Cocoon:

1. download
2. unzip
3. "build webapp"
4. "cocoon servlet"

You only need to have Java installed. It starts with a stripped version
of Jetty.

If you later want to deploy it on Tomcat, you can do "build war", deploy
this war on Tomcat. You only have to solve the "endorsed libs problem"
there yourself (in most cases by copying all files from lib/endorsed to
TOMCAT_HOME/common/endorsed). It is not a problem of Cocoon directly,
but of all Java programs using XML libs and running on JDK 1.4.

Hope this helps.

Joerg