Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Delamere <ho...@michael-delamere.de> on 2002/08/07 22:46:59 UTC

Resending parameters

Hi,

could someone just give me a short note of how to resend a parameter when
using action forward,

e.g. <forward name="error" path="/vm/listThreads.do" />

Basically if there are no replies to be seen for a selected thread, I want
to redirect him to the thread overview page for the previously selected
forum.  In order to do that though I need to resend the forum_id.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Thanks,

Michael

Re: Resending parameters

Posted by Max Cooper <ma...@maxcooper.com>.
Michael,

redirect to /threadOverview.do?forum_id=someValue

That will cause the user's browser to issue a GET request for that resource
with the thread_id in the query string (and thus available as a parameter).
HTTP does not support POST redirects, so you have to put it on the query
string.

-Max

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>