Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by soteri panagou <pa...@midetech.com> on 2003/06/21 02:30:05 UTC

api question

Two quick questions:

A) Is there any reason why BasePeer.createQuery(Criteria) does not have
public accessibility, i.e is package protected?
The reason I ask is because I need to be able to control the order of
tables in the from clause of the generated sql statement, as well as the
order of my joins in my where clause. This is due to problems im having
with hsqldb due to the fact that it's join optimization is currently not
very good.
I see it as a useful feature to enable to normal users, since it would
eliminate having to mess around with the sql generated from the
createQueryString() method call.

b) I see that the basepeer class makes use of mostly static methods.
What is the effect in a multithreaded environment, such as for a webapp?

Steri