Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Sam Bisbee <sa...@sbisbee.com> on 2010/10/18 18:09:40 UTC

Boston Couch Hack

Greetings all,

Having wanted to bring the CouchDB community in Boston together for a while
now, and then having some awesome talks and mini hack sessions at jQuery Con
this past weekend, I think it's about time. The folks at Bocoup have kindly
offered their space (http://loft.bocoup.com).

No presentations - just pure, unadulterated hackery. Team up, fly solo and ask
questions, or whatever.

And of course, no cost. We'll get beer and pizza, and if we don't find a
sponsor/donor we may ask those eating and drinking to toss in a few bucks.

So, when are you folks available? I'm opening date suggestions to the local
devs first and will then "go public" with those details in a few days. It'd be
nice to do it in the next week or two while rnewson is on this side of the
river.

Cheers,

--
Sam Bisbee
www.sbisbee.com

Re: Boston Couch Hack

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Sam Bisbee <sa...@sbisbee.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 01:11:37PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 12:09 PM, Sam Bisbee <sa...@sbisbee.com> wrote:
>> > Greetings all,
>> >
>> > Having wanted to bring the CouchDB community in Boston together for a while
>> > now, and then having some awesome talks and mini hack sessions at jQuery Con
>> > this past weekend, I think it's about time. The folks at Bocoup have kindly
>> > offered their space (http://loft.bocoup.com).
>> >
>> > No presentations - just pure, unadulterated hackery. Team up, fly solo and ask
>> > questions, or whatever.
>> >
>> > And of course, no cost. We'll get beer and pizza, and if we don't find a
>> > sponsor/donor we may ask those eating and drinking to toss in a few bucks.
>> >
>> > So, when are you folks available? I'm opening date suggestions to the local
>> > devs first and will then "go public" with those details in a few days. It'd be
>> > nice to do it in the next week or two while rnewson is on this side of the
>> > river.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> >
>> > --
>> > Sam Bisbee
>> > www.sbisbee.com
>> >

>> I'm up for anything that doesn't happen this Friday or Saturday as
>> I'll be out of town. I think there was talk of doing something on the
>> 19th or 20th as Bob Dionne is around those days.
>
> Sounds great, but that's too short of notice for most people. I'm going to try
> and put something together for next week.
>
> Hope to see you there,
>
> --
> Sam Bisbee
> www.sbisbee.com

Yeah. It wasn't till about an hour after I sent that that I realized
the 19th and 20th were today and tomorrow. I'm free anytime after
Saturday.

Re: Boston Couch Hack

Posted by Sam Bisbee <sa...@sbisbee.com>.

Re: Boston Couch Hack

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 12:09 PM, Sam Bisbee <sa...@sbisbee.com> wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> Having wanted to bring the CouchDB community in Boston together for a while
> now, and then having some awesome talks and mini hack sessions at jQuery Con
> this past weekend, I think it's about time. The folks at Bocoup have kindly
> offered their space (http://loft.bocoup.com).
>
> No presentations - just pure, unadulterated hackery. Team up, fly solo and ask
> questions, or whatever.
>
> And of course, no cost. We'll get beer and pizza, and if we don't find a
> sponsor/donor we may ask those eating and drinking to toss in a few bucks.
>
> So, when are you folks available? I'm opening date suggestions to the local
> devs first and will then "go public" with those details in a few days. It'd be
> nice to do it in the next week or two while rnewson is on this side of the
> river.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Sam Bisbee
> www.sbisbee.com

I'm up for anything that doesn't happen this Friday or Saturday as
I'll be out of town. I think there was talk of doing something on the
19th or 20th as Bob Dionne is around those days.

Paul Davis