Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Naresh Agarwal <na...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/18 16:19:26 UTC

console stream looping Error. Please help

Hi

I'm log4j (v 1.2.8) in my web application for logging purposes. My web application runs in JBOSS 3.2.1. I'm also using AXIS v.1.1

After starting JBOSS, I got the following error on JBOSS console and nothing is printed on console after this error.

----------
Error: invalid consoleappender config detected, console stream is looping
----------

I've spent lots of time to solve this problem. But still I'm not able to resolve it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

log4j properties file I'm using is as follows:
----
# Root logger, uses appender by name of WSHLog
log4j.rootLogger=INFO
# WSH logger, user can set the logging level to any of the following
# DEBUG, INFO, WARNING, ERROR, FATAL. Currently we are using DEBUG
# Appender used by our logger is named WSHLog
log4j.logger.WSHLogger=INFO, WSHLog
# set its additivity to false
# this is to ensure that logging requests to WSH Logger do not
# go to loggers up in hierarchy
log4j.additivity.WSHLogger=false
# WSHLog appender, rolling file appender with file size 100KB, max 10 files
log4j.appender.WSHLog=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
# WSH log file name
log4j.appender.WSHLog.File=wsh.log
# maximum file size, once this size is reached the current file will
# be moved to wsh.log.1, wsh.log.1 will move to wsh.log.2 and so on
log4j.appender.WSHLog.MaxFileSize=500KB
# Keep 10 backup files
log4j.appender.WSHLog.MaxBackupIndex=10
# layout for logging
log4j.appender.WSHLog.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.WSHLog.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p - %C{1}::%M %m%n

----

thanks & regards,
Naresh