Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Eric Friedrich (efriedri)" <ef...@cisco.com> on 2017/06/19 17:11:00 UTC

Looking for GPG key signers in Boston area

Apologies for this slightly unorthodox use of the mailer.

I’m in the process of preparing a release for the Traffic Control podling. As the RM, I have to use my GPG key to sign the release.

However, my GPG key is not yet tied into the web of trust and we cannot pass the vote because of this.

Is there anyone in the Boston area (preferably South or metro-west) that would be willing to meet and verify my key ownership?

Thanks!
Eric

Re: Looking for GPG key signers in Boston area

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.
<http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution.html#sigs-and-sums>

"Signing keys SHOULD be linked into a strong web of trust."

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Eric Friedrich (efriedri)" <ef...@cisco.com>.
Thanks John-

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 11:11 PM, Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...You should indeed collect some signatures....

Indeed - the "Web of Trust" section of
https://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html has more info on
getting your key signed by others.

-Bertrand

Re: Looking for GPG key signers in Boston area

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2017-06-19 at 17:11 +0000, Eric Friedrich (efriedri) wrote:
> Apologies for this slightly unorthodox use of the mailer.
>
> I’m in the process of preparing a release for the Traffic Control podling. As the RM, I have to use my GPG key to sign the release.
>
> However, my GPG key is not yet tied into the web of trust and we cannot pass the vote because of this.

You should indeed collect some signatures.  They don't have to be
Apache folks: there are a lot of techies in the Boston area, and
I daresay the PGP strong set has a strong presence there, from the
academic communities of MIT and Harvard to your own company.

Within Apache, take a look at the committer map at
people.apache.org to find Apache folks in your area.

--
Nick Kew