Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Nigel Jones <jo...@uk.ibm.com> on 2017/02/07 09:36:38 UTC

Atlas mailing lists on GMANE

About a year ago I arranged for the atlas mailing lists to be replicated
to the news server on gmane.org . The objective was to make it easier
for new joiners (users or contributors) to the project, or casual
observers, to be easily get an idea of the vibrancy of the project and
reduce any barriers to getting engaged.

These lists remain available on the NNTP server as

gmane.comp.apache.incubator.atlas.devel (URL:
news://news.gmane.org:119/gmane.comp.apache.incubator.atlas.devel )

gmane.comp.apache.incubator.atlas.scm (URL:
news://news.gmane.org:119/gmane.comp.apache.incubator.atlas.scm )

I think it could be useful if we would add these links to the "mailing
list" page at http://atlas.incubator.apache.org/mail-lists.html albeit
with the caveat that
  * these are not officialyy supported by apache
  * any issues should be directed at gmane.org

gmane did have a glitch for a few months, but has been back running for
a while now albeit with reduced capabilities. I personally still believe
it can offer a valuable aid - free from constraints of some email
systems & formats!

Thanks
Nigel.