Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> on 2012/10/20 17:07:53 UTC

[DISCUSS] InstallApacheFlex - RC8

Hi,

Om, first: sorry for changing my mind ;-)

All, here are my thoughts: after careful reading of the VOTE thread I
see three ways to continue:

1. release
2. remove localisation from first release
3. fix localisation (and maybe other issues) before first release

I'm now changing my vote away from option 1 (however tempting) because
I sure that we'll never get a second chance for a first impression.
And first impressions are all that matter since we're trying to win
back confidence in Flex as a viable software creation tool.

I'm also not a big fan of 3. This would mean that we have to change
around some stuff, and test the changes etc. I think this is more work
that we'd do for a next release (in concert, maybe, with the next
release of the framework, as Alex suggested).

I would like to suggest that we go with option 2. This would (I think,
without looking at the code) require only the changing of one line of
code (setting the ONLY language option to en_US) and the setting of
one property (hiding the option ComboBox from view). Minimal changes
would allow us to cut RC8 really soon and get a new VOTE going...

Thoughts?

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [DISCUSS] InstallApacheFlex - RC8

Posted by Stefan Horochovec <st...@gmail.com>.
Great news!

Stefan Horochovec

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Christophe Herreman <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
We are not planning on removing localization.   We want to disable it for
the first release.

We can take our time to do it right before we enable it in a subsequent
release.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Stefan Horochovec <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Excellent idea Erik ;)

Option 2 +1

Regards

Stefan Horochovec

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1 for option 2.  Least risky option.  That whole code path needs lots of
changes and testing.

Posted by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com>.