Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> on 2004/12/28 07:12:33 UTC

Porting changes to the 1.2.x branch

I just made a giant commit to the EL taglibs to bring them into alignment
with the non-EL tags. Now these changes need to be ported to the 1.2.x
branch, since the omission of these changes was, in part, the reason for
classifying 1.2.6 as Beta rather than GA, and we'll want to get to another
GA release on that branch at some point, probably sooner rather than
later.

So now that we're in SVN-land, what is the simplest way of taking the
changes in one commit and applying them to another branch?

--
Martin Cooper

Re: Porting changes to the 1.2.x branch

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
Martin Cooper wrote:
> I just made a giant commit to the EL taglibs to bring them into
> alignment with the non-EL tags. Now these changes need to be ported to
> the 1.2.x branch, since the omission of these changes was, in part, the
> reason for classifying 1.2.6 as Beta rather than GA, and we'll want to
> get to another GA release on that branch at some point, probably sooner
> rather than later.
>
> So now that we're in SVN-land, what is the simplest way of taking the
> changes in one commit and applying them to another branch?

Dunno, perhaps you could get a diff between the two versions then apply
the patch to the other branch.

Don