Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2005/08/24 03:12:33 UTC

Re: Mounting Locationmaps [was: Locationmap fallback}

Tim Williams wrote:
>>I hope to sit down with someone more familiar with Cocoon at the
>>Hackathon and work out how to enact Unico's recomendations on the Cocoon
>>dev list.
>

> Did you get a chance to sit down with any Cocooners on this at
> ApacheCon?  I think I've got a better handle on Unico's
> recommendations at this point myself.  I think we can probably get
> this done.  Let me know what you figured out...

No I'm afraid I didn't (I doubt anyone else did either). Even worse, I
have a new requirement for the locationmap. We need to be able to get at
the request object in the matchers (specifically the lang header for i18n).

I'll be back online properly in a few days and will be ready to bounce
ideas around then.

Ross

Re: Mounting Locationmaps [was: Locationmap fallback}

Posted by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.
On 8/23/05, Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> wrote:
> Tim Williams wrote:
> >>I hope to sit down with someone more familiar with Cocoon at the
> >>Hackathon and work out how to enact Unico's recomendations on the Cocoon
> >>dev list.
> >

> > Did you get a chance to sit down with any Cocooners on this at
> > ApacheCon?  I think I've got a better handle on Unico's
> > recommendations at this point myself.  I think we can probably get
> > this done.  Let me know what you figured out...
>
> No I'm afraid I didn't (I doubt anyone else did either). Even worse, I
> have a new requirement for the locationmap. We need to be able to get at
> the request object in the matchers (specifically the lang header for i18n).
>
> I'll be back online properly in a few days and will be ready to bounce
> ideas around then.

I'll be out of town with sporadic online access for the next two
weeks, if no one has had a chance, I can look at the mounting then.
I didn't even think about the i18n needing certain information in
order to do all location resolution down there -- I'll be interested
in hearing about that and the Views/Templates/whatever discussion when
I get back...
--tim

Re: Mounting Locationmaps [was: Locationmap fallback}

Posted by Unico Hommes <un...@apache.org>.