Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ericr <er...@forge.com.au> on 2006/08/28 03:49:14 UTC

Re: [m2] Incorrect manifest generation in jar file

Alexandre Poitras wrote:

> I think you can espace new line by using the '\' character like in
> properties files. I have never tested for new lines but it works for
> quotes so it should work.
>
> For example :
>
>     a string with a continuation line \
>     continuation line
>
> On 12/6/05, Arnaud Bailly <ab...@norsys.fr> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   I had a very strange problem which I don't know the ultimate
>> responsibilit: some bug or feature of maven or one of its component.
>> In one project, I kept having exceptions NoClassDefFoundError while
>> trying to load classes from the generated jar file. After some
>> investigations, I found this was caused by the incorrect format of the
>> MANIFEST.MF file, which itself was caused by the <description> tag in
>> the pom containing newline characters ! This tag is copied verbatim as
>> the Specification-Title attribute of the manifest, so I think newlines
>> should be escaped.
>>

>> --
>> Arnaud Bailly - Ingénieur de Recherche
>> NORSYS
>> 1, rue de la Cense des Raines
>> ZAC du Moulin
>> 59710 ENNEVELIN
>> Tel : (33) 3 28 76 56 76
>> Fax : (33) 3 28 76 57 00
>> Web : http://www.norsys.fr

> Alexandre Poitras
> Québec, Canada

Ufortunately the <description> element in the pom also appears in the
generated site. That doesn't look very good with backslashes in it :(

Re: [m2] Incorrect manifest generation in jar file

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 8/27/06, ericr <er...@forge.com.au> wrote:

> Ufortunately the <description> element in the pom also appears in the
> generated site. That doesn't look very good with backslashes in it :(

IMO the Specification-Title should come from the <name> element, not
the <description>.  There's definitely a JIRA issue for this, but I
don't know how it was resolved.

--
Wendy