Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Holly, Michael" <mh...@talisentech.com> on 2005/07/29 17:03:45 UTC

Strange mrf files generated in tomat temp directory

I am using Tomcat 4.1.29 on solaris 9.   I have files uploaded to my
site and then I write them to the temp dir using File.createTempFile()
in anticipation of moving them elsewhere. I have noticed that somthing
else is writing very larg files to this directory as well.  Some of the
files are > 3GB.  They seem to be using the same File.createTempFile()
facility because they all have a prefix followed by a 3 to 5 digit
number and then .tmp  ( mrf2393.tmp or mrf40389.tmp)   Where do these
files come from?

Thanks

Michael