Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andy Smith <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/23 10:42:36 UTC

(velocity-struts) jsp tags

Hello all velocity-struts users, I'm new to velocity/jsp as well as to struts.  I want to convert jsp-struts to velocity-struts. Struts has some taglib to use with JSP, can velocity use taglib and how? BTW, if you have any tips on how to convert jsp-struts to velocity-struts, it would be appreciated. Thank you very much.Andy

Re: (velocity-struts) jsp tags

Posted by Jonathan Revusky <jo...@revusky.com>.
Andy Smith wrote:
> Hello all velocity-struts users, I'm new to velocity/jsp as well as to struts.
 > want to convert jsp-struts to velocity-struts. Struts has some taglib
to use
> with JSP, can velocity use taglib and how? BTW, if you have any tips on how to
> convert jsp-struts to velocity-struts, it would be appreciated. Thank you very much.Andy

As far as I know, you cannot use JSP taglibs from a Velocity template.
The only java template engine that I know of with this feature is
FreeMarker, which, as of version 2.2 allows you to use taglibs. FM also
works quite well with Struts. Here is a link to the manual page that
describes how to configure FM for use with Struts and also how to use
taglibs from within a FreeMarker template.

http://freemarker.org/docs/pgui_misc_servlet.html

I hope that's helpful.

Jonathan Revusky