Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com> on 2012/12/29 01:44:02 UTC

[Falcon] New ASDoc prototype

Hi,

Now that I'm knee deep in FlaconJx, I'm considering putting a little
time into the ASDoc compiler program I wrote back in September using
Falcon and Apache Velocity for the templates.

I figure if I can get the code up in decent shape, maybe there are
some other devs out there that dislike the current asdoc and maybe
would like to run there documentation with a new and really fast
documentor that is forgiving. Maybe even help develop it!

Anyway, I will let the list know if/when I get the prototype code up
in my whiteboard.

Also, since MXML is not fully implemented there might be issues with
that. But that might also give me an excuse to get into the MXML code
in Falcon as well (about the only place I really haven't studied yet).

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com

Re: [Falcon] New ASDoc prototype

Posted by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com>.
Great to hear.

I posted this link a while ago but this [0] is what it produces
currently, yes there are bugs in the docs. :)

An old blog post talking about it [1].

What's really exciting is there are things we can do to enhance the
documentation using Falcon and it's framework. Things like implemented
by and uses, a lot of other wild ideas. Documentation is another love
of mine. :)

- [0] http://www.teotigraphix.org/apache-flex-4.8/index.html
- [1]
http://blog.teotigraphix.com/2012/10/01/apache-flex-falcon-the-rise-of-a-documentor-that-likes-you/