Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Haonan Hou <hh...@qq.com.INVALID> on 2022/05/10 06:55:16 UTC

[Discuss] Remove old cluster module from distribution package

Hi,

Since our new cluster version is under developing and the basic features have been implemented, I think
it’s time to remove old cluster module from distribution package and add the new ConfigNode module into it.
It will be helpful to debug and build the IT framework for the new cluster.

By the way, the code of old cluster module will not be removed from our repo for now. Therefore we can still
get the compiled old cluster binary package by running `mvn clean package -pl cluster -am -DskipTests`
command.

How do you think?

Best,
Haonan Hou

回复: [Discuss] Remove old cluster module from distribution package

Posted by 刘 旭鑫 <li...@outlook.com>.
+1
________________________________
From: "Jialin Qiao"<qiaojialin@apache.org&gt;
Date: Wed, May 11, 2022 13:45 PM
To: "dev"<dev@iotdb.apache.org&gt;;

+1
—————————————————
Jialin Qiao
Apache IoTDB PMC

Eric Pai <ericpai94@hotmail.com&gt; 于2022年5月10日周二 15:02写道:

&gt; +1, and as old cluster functions are deprecated, we can also disable and
&gt; delete the test cases of old cluster to accelerate CI.
&gt;
&gt; 在 2022/5/10 14:56,“Haonan Hou”<hhaonan4444@qq.com.INVALID&gt; 写入:
&gt;
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hi,
&gt;
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Since our new cluster version is under developing and the basic
&gt; features have been implemented, I think
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; it’s time to remove old cluster module from distribution package and
&gt; add the new ConfigNode module into it.
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It will be helpful to debug and build the IT framework for the new
&gt; cluster.
&gt;
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; By the way, the code of old cluster module will not be removed from
&gt; our repo for now. Therefore we can still
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; get the compiled old cluster binary package by running `mvn clean
&gt; package -pl cluster -am -DskipTests`
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; command.
&gt;
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; How do you think?
&gt;
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Best,
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Haonan Hou
&gt;
&gt;

Re: [Discuss] Remove old cluster module from distribution package

Posted by HW-Chao Wang <57...@qq.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qi...@apache.org>.
+1