Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Thomas Fischer <fi...@aon.at> on 2011/07/02 10:07:48 UTC

wildcard search: Update

Hello,

I'm still struggling with wildcard search in solr.
I installed the ComplexPhraseQueryParser which essentially accomplishes what I'm looking for: I can search in my field "GOK" using phrases with wildcards, e.g. GOK:"POF 15?".
This works with either solr 1.4.2 or 3.3.
What irritates me is that this kind of a search throws an exception when there is *no* space, e.g. for GOK:"POF15?"  (useless) or DDC:"942.?" (meaningful). On the other hand, the search will work if the quotes are omitted: DDC:942.? yields the expected results.

An additional source of irritation is the error message:

The server encountered an internal error (Unknown query type "org.apache.lucene.search.WildcardQuery" found in phrase query string "POF15?" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown query type "org.apache.lucene.search.WildcardQuery" found in phrase query string "POF1??" at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ComplexPhraseQueryParser$ComplexPhraseQuery.rewrite

I don' understand why the query type "org.apache.lucene.search.WildcardQuery" is unknown (this is contained in lucene-core-2.9.3.jar), nor what it means that it is 'found in phrase query string "POF15?"'

Can anybody give me a hint how to handle this problem (apart from erasing the quotes if no whitespace is present)?

Cheers
Thomas