Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Vu Hong Thuan <th...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/23 19:56:54 UTC

Length of textbox field "group name local" is limited in form of creating new party group?

In the party application, in the form of creating new party group, the
length of the textbox field "group name local" is limited.
I don't want the field "group name local" is limited in length. How can I do
that?
I search in form of "EditPartyGroup" in file "PartyForms.xml",  but I don't
know how to change field "group name local", and other fields (revenue
annual, number of employees).
How do I custom these fields. Thanks.

--
Vu Hong Thuan
Vietnam Software and Communication Company. NAMMEDIA. INC

Re: Length of textbox field "group name local" is limited in form of creating new party group?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
all lengths are determine by the declaration of the Enitity.field type
and the files in
framework\entity\fieldtype
that define the size that type is in the DB.
when you change the fieldtype you change it for every field in every
entity that has that type.

a possible solution is to use the extend-entity and put in your own
field that has a new field type defined in the DB file you are using.
Like using a blob or text.
good place to start is
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Beginner%27s+Development+Guide+Using+Practice+Application

Vu Hong Thuan sent the following on 10/23/2008 10:56 AM: