Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Fabio Daprile <fa...@wuerth-phoenix.com> on 2002/08/02 13:55:29 UTC

Re: [Q] Distinguish between null and zero in Torque 2.1 generated base class?

Hello,

this problem is not fixed yet. It exists also in torque 3.0.
We fixed this bug in our company.
I will see if we can share the code.

bye

Fabio

Rodney Schneider wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 04:38, you wrote:
>

>>Jeff Jones <jj...@trap9.com> schrieb am 25.07.2002, 20:16:42:
>>[snip]
>>

>>>I think the answer is "you can't".  It does seem to be a shortcoming of
>>>the framework.
>>>

>>Ouch.
>>

>>>Perhaps torque should generate Integer accessors when it's a 'nullable'
>>>field, and int when it's a 'required' field in the XML?
>>>

>>Hmm, according to the Torque description there should be a property for
>>field elements which lets you decide if you want a primitive or an
>>object. However, the description seems to belong to the decoupled Torque
>>and there is none for Torque from Turbine 2.1...
>>

>I think this was fixed in Torque (and the Village API) some time after the
>Turbine 2.1 release.
>

>>>Obviously the java int can't be set to null, and it would be
>>>inconvenient/wasteful to always use Integer...
>>>

>>Inconvenient indeed. However, it is even more inconvenient to me the way
>>it is. In fact, I'm getting a really bad feeling right now and foresee
>>some very ugly code on my project's horizon. And everything looked so
>>bright :(
>>

>Is there any reason why you are using Torque from Turbine 2.1 and not the
>decoupled version?
>
>-- Rodney
>
>--

Fabio Daprile

Würth-Phoenix Srl
Via Kravogl 4, I-39100 Bolzano
Tel: +39 0471/564111 - (direct 564070)
Fax: +39 0471/564122

mailto:fabio.daprile@wuerth-phoenix.com
http://www.wuerth-phoenix.com
http://www.wuerth.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  E-mail may contain confidential information that is
legally privileged.  Do not read this e-mail if you are not the intended
recipient.

This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail
messages attached to it may contain confidential information that is legally
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible
for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained
in or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by reply
e-mail or by telephone at (+39) 0471-564111, and destroy the original
transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner.

Thank you.