Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Andreas <an...@lbwa.de> on 2002/08/25 16:55:37 UTC

Problems with JSTL

Hi there,

I'm using Tomcat 4.0.4 with jdk 1.4.0 on a RedHat 7.2 system. I've
installed the JSTL in the WEB-INF/lib directory of my application but I
get a message that the absolute path http://java.sun.com/jstl/core can
neither be resolved by a tld nor by the war-file. I tried to install the

standard-examples but I get a message that  there is no MANIFEST in
META-INF. What's wrong?  Thanx for your help.

Andreas

Re: Problems with JSTL

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Sun, 25 Aug 2002, Andreas wrote:

> I'm using Tomcat 4.0.4 with jdk 1.4.0 on a RedHat 7.2 system. I've
> installed the JSTL in the WEB-INF/lib directory of my application but
> I get a message that the absolute path http://java.sun.com/jstl/core
> can neither be resolved by a tld nor by the war-file. I tried to
> install the
>
> standard-examples but I get a message that there is no MANIFEST in
> META-INF. What's wrong?  Thanx for your help.

What exactly have you put in WEB-INF/lib?  Installing standard-examples
involves copying the WAR file to wherever your container looks for WAR
files ('webapps' under Tomcat); installing the JSTL JARs themselves
involves copying them under your application's WEB-INF/lib
directory.  Which have you tried to do?

--
Shawn Bayern