Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2008/06/23 17:22:15 UTC

How to override system/sling.js with my own variant?

Hi,

Is there a way to use my own variant of /system/sling.js, without
having to deactivate the org.apache.sling.servlets.post bundle that
serves it?

Storing the file at /system/sling.js in the repository does not work,
and neither does requesting /system/sling.js.res (which would activate
the StreamRendererServlet).

-Bertrand

Re: How to override system/sling.js with my own variant?

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think, the sling.js file is misplaced in the post bundle and should
probably be moved into its own bundle.

The only short-term solution is to create a new file with a new path as
the /system/sling.js file is registered as a Bundle Resource with this
exact path. This will always hide any repository data. This is by intent
to guarantee the manageability promise of OSGi.

Regards
Felix