Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org> on 2011/12/02 08:48:50 UTC

[VOTE] BookKeeper 4.0.0 Release Candidate 0

This is the first candidate release for Apache BookKeeper, version
4.0.0.

It fixes the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311293&version=12317843

*** Please download, test and vote by December 7th 2011, 08:00 GMT.

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided
for convenience.

Source and binary files:
http://people.apache.org/~ivank/bookkeeper-4.0.0-candidate-0/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebookkeeper-285/

The tag to be voted upon:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/zookeeper/bookkeeper/tags/release-4.0.0/

BookKeeper's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/zookeeper/bookkeeper/tags/release-4.0.0/KEYS

Please download the the source package, and follow the README to build
and run a bookkeeper and hedwig service.

Re: [VOTE] BookKeeper 4.0.0 Release Candidate 0

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
-1, overall looks very close, feedback below:

0) don't call the vote on user lists, this is a development activity.
Just on the bk dev and private list (only ZK PMC votes are binding).
Include zk dev if you like. When the entire process is finished ff to
publish to all these lists as well as announce@apache.org

also, you only need to allow 72hours for the vote.

1) signature/checksums look good.

2) move the keys file into
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/zookeeper/bookkeeper/dist - similar
to what zk does. This shouldn't be in your source repo.

not a blocker issue but you should add yourself to the web of trust asap.

3) the NOTICE.txt is unacceptable.

This needs to be the Apache boilerplate, plus any third party
dependencies you might have (are you shipping any third party
dependencies that require notification? afaict no.), see
http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html
specifically the section "NOTICE file"

4) readme looks good

5) mvn test passed

6) licensing -- RAT looks good.

Cleanup these small issues then call a new vote on a second RC and you
should be good.

Patrick

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.