Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Xiang Xiao <xi...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/17 16:09:50 UTC

patch for ntpclient: merge xmit and recv buffer into one to save the stack

another patch  fix warning: 'g_nullstring' defined but not used.

Thanks
Xiang

Re: patch for ntpclient: merge xmit and recv buffer into one to save the stack

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 11:40 AM Xiang Xiao <xi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that I can't attach the file to dev@nuttx.apache.org:(.
> My attachment in previous email also lose:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/9bc6f92e39b9d2f401e1554c0e3270d574067ff608d13df1c1c1b11e%40<dev.nuttx.apache.org>
>
> Justin, can we send the attachment to dev@nuttx.apache.org?
>
> On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 12:17 AM Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > another patch  fix warning: 'g_nullstring' defined but not used.
> > I don't see anything attached.

Copying Justin on this...

It's a pretty major problem if we can't use attachments here because
much of the NuttX community contributes by patches.

Thanks,
Nathan

RE: patch for ntpclient: merge xmit and recv buffer into one to save the stack

Posted by David Sidrane <Da...@nscdg.com>.
+1

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xiang Xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.

>>> Justin, can we send the attachment to dev@nuttx.apache.org?
>> You can but it increases the chance the email will be marked as spam.
>> I believe we can ask Infra to modify that.
>
> How do other projects accept patches?  If there is a more standard
> way, we should consider that.

I find a lot of good information on the Apache Commons project pages:

    *Submitting A Patch. * Please use JIRA, patches sent to the mailing
    lists are harder to track and use up more bandwidth.
    https://commons.apache.org/patches.html

We don't have have Jira set up, do we?  Should continue to take patches
on the Google group until Jira is available.

Re: patch for ntpclient: merge xmit and recv buffer into one to save the stack

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Xiang Xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.