Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brian Relph <re...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/31 16:35:05 UTC

struts 2.1 datetimepicker

Hi, I was hoping to get some help with the date time picker in struts 2.1.

I have added the dojo plugin to my project:

<dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId>
            <artifactId>struts2-dojo-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>2.1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>

My struts.properties declares the 'simple' theme:

struts.ui.theme=simple

I added the dojo taglib to my jsp:

<%@ taglib prefix="d" uri="/struts-dojo-tags" %>

Finally, i put a datetimepicker on the page ( i have tried both with and
without declaring the theme):

<d:datetimepicker theme="ajax" />

Looking at the tld, it appears there are no required attributes for the
component, but I get "java.lang.NullPointerException at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Validator$ValidateVisitor.checkXmlAttributes(
Validator.java:1198)"

Any tips?

Thanks, Brian

Re: struts 2.1 datetimepicker

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
modifying the current datetimepicker would be near impossible (as you
would en up with a completely different widget :) ), I'd advice to
just use a template with a  few fields for the different parts and add
validation.

musachy

Posted by Brian Relph <re...@gmail.com>.
thank you