Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org> on 2008/08/21 19:54:33 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Incubating M3

I have cut, signed, built, smoke tested and uploaded Apache Qpid M3 RC1.

As before, release notes are located here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12312117&styleName=Html&projectId=12310520&Create=Create

Download it from:
http://people.apache.org/~aidan/qpid/M3-RC1/

Please vote to:
[+1] Release M3
[0] eh, too busy
[-1] No, because of a very good reason that has only just popped into my head

- Aidan
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid
"Nine-tenths of wisdom consists in being wise in time." - Theodore Roosevelt

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Incubating M3

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 6:54 PM, Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org> wrote:

> I have cut, signed, built, smoke tested and uploaded Apache Qpid M3 RC1.

I'm spiking this vote in favor of RC2, which is in a seperate thread.

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Yoav Shapira <ys...@hubspot.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 5:32 AM, Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Side note: it's important to try to keep the subject line of VOTE
> threads the same as long as the vote goes on.  Some email clients add
> an annoying Re: (original subject), thereby modifying the line and
> making record keeping harder.  If/when voting, please take care to
> disable this feature of your email client or use a different one.

Would it be easier all round if i started the thread as Re: [VOTE]?
That way people don't have to remember to change their settings.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Incubating M3

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Aidan Skinner wrote:

> Still testing, but I did notice a couple of issue I thought worth
> mentioning:
>
> * The RELEASE_NOTES for c++, ruby and python still refer to M2 and need
> updating - apologies for not realising this earlier. I'm editing those and
> will check in some minor changes shortly which can then be reviewed.

I'm going to put a sticky on my monitor to remind me that we keep
those in-tree. I still find that a little odd TBH.

> * I couldn't find the usual NOTICE, LICENSE, RELEASE_NOTES etc in the java
> binary tarball (i.e. qpid-incubating-M3-java.tar.gz).
>
> * There is an 'examples' folder under the client folder in the java binary
> release. However neither the sources nor the compiled classes are actually
> included; it just has the readme and some scripts.

Hrm, how perturbing. I'll figure out why that is and fix it, thanks. :)

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 18:54 +0100, Aidan Skinner wrote:
> I have cut, signed, built, smoke tested and uploaded Apache Qpid M3 RC1.
>
> As before, release notes are located here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12312117&styleName=Html&projectId=12310520&Create=Create
>
> Download it from:
> http://people.apache.org/~aidan/qpid/M3-RC1/
>
> Please vote to:
> [+1] Release M3
> [0] eh, too busy
> [-1] No, because of a very good reason that has only just popped into my head

+1 provided we  sort out the version issue I raised earlier. I don't
think incubator-M3 is a valid autoconf project version, it's definitely
not a valid rpm version and its not clear that it's an increment from
the previous version 0.2. I'd prefer a simple 0.3 as least likely to
confuse & bewilder but I think 0.3.M3 or 0.3.incubatorM3 would work if
there's some zany Apache legal requirement at stake.