Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by paksegu <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2008/09/09 07:34:02 UTC

Tracking in Sling

Hi,
Can anyone provide me with guidelines for implementing clickstream in sling for url tracking activites? thanks
http://www.opensymphony.com/clickstream/

Re: Tracking in Sling

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paksegu,

paksegu schrieb:
> Hi,
> Can anyone provide me with guidelines for implementing clickstream in sling for url tracking activites? thanks
> http://www.opensymphony.com/clickstream/

I would assume, that this consists more or less of the following steps:

* Create a bundle containing the clickstream code
* Make sure the clickstream filter is registered as a Filter service
* include the clickstream or similar JSPs or Servlets for display

Because Sling does not (currently) allow for selective call into the
filters, you might want to implement a proxy Filter, which first
implements the filtering and depending on the request extension calls
into the real clickstream filter or just forwards the request down the
filter chain.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Felix