Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/16 14:17:29 UTC

[Axis2] What is the purpose of AddressingConstants.REPLACE_ADDRESSING_HEADERS?

Hi all,
I've been looking at the way REPLACE_ADDRESSING_HEADERS works and the
way it works seems a little unlikely to be what was intended.

The way it works is that if it is set to true, any of the existing
ws-addressing headers are overridden by any values available in the
message context. This means that you might end up with a mix of old
and new values if there aren't new values inthe message context for
all the exiting headers.

Is this really what is intended? It would make more sense to me that
if it is set to true then all existing headers be removed, then new
headers be added as normal.

David