Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com> on 2013/07/16 18:29:33 UTC

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #594: TracError: KeyError: 'SCRIPT_NAME'

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Apache Bloodhound <
dev@bloodhound.apache.org> wrote:

> #594: TracError: KeyError: 'SCRIPT_NAME'
> -----------------------+--------------------
>  Reporter:  tim        |      Owner:  nobody
>      Type:  defect     |     Status:  new
>  After migrating from 0.5.3 to 0.6 I am getting errors when accessing
>  certain pages.  The error simply says {{{TracError: KeyError:
>  'SCRIPT_NAME'}}}.
>
>  I'm using uwsgi and nginx to serve pages.  I modified nginx to include
>  {{{uwsgi_param SCRIPT_NAME '';}}} to try working around the problem, but
>  I'm wondering if this is why I'm having other problems accessing existing
>  tickets.  0.5.3 didn't require me to have that line in the nginx config,
>  too.
>
>  Incidentally, there's no 0.6 option in the Version dropdown on this bug
>  tracker.

I'd like to add a version to the Version enum, but it requires having at
least TICKET_ADMIN. We previously discussed giving everyone on the pmc
elevated permissions in the issue tracker and our mentor suggested this
should be done. Is there any reason this hasn't already been done, or any
reason to not do it now? I can't see a good reason to not allow everyone on
the pmc to make simple edits like this.