Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peter Beshai <pe...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/09 05:09:26 UTC

T5 Upload component?

How do we use input type="file" in T5? Is this functionality implemented
yet?

--
Peter Beshai

Pure Mathematics/Computer Science Student
University of Waterloo

Re: T5 Upload component?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Haven't had a chance; I'm working full time and I am having a bad
allergy problem, so I haven't had the energy to work through the
patches. Probably be this weekend.

On 4/5/07, Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org> wrote:
> Maybe I deal with a different class of webapps than you. :) The
> majority of webapps that I've written have required an upload
> component.  That said, I think putting it in a separate project with
> it's own dependencies is a great idea.
>
> Robert
>
> PS Have you had a chance to look at the newest patch I submitted for
> TAPESTRY-1264?  I wasn't sure if you wanted the complete patch with
> new files, or just a patch for new files, but I attached the former.
>

> On Apr 5, 2007, at 4/51:54 PM , Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
>
> > I'll take a peek when I get a chance.
> >
> > My intention is for there to be a small tapestry-upload project for
> > the Upload component. The (majority of) applications that don't use
> > upload will not be burdened with the many extra dependencies Upload
> > will bring.
> >
> > On 4/4/07, Ben Sommerville <be...@bulletproof.com.au> wrote:
> >> FYI - I just submitted an implementation of a file upload component
> >> to JIRA.
> >> It can be downloaded from
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1354
> >>
> >> You'll have to build it yourself, but it should "just work" using
> >> maven.
> >>
> >> If anyone tries it out, please let me know if you have any problems
> >> or other feedback.
> >>
> >> regards,
> >> Ben

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.

Re: T5 Upload component?

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.

Re: T5 Upload component?

Posted by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com>.
Yep, quite cool.  Here's a "style" component:

public class Style
{

	@Parameter (required = true)
	private Asset _stylesheet;

	void beginRender (MarkupWriter writer)
	{
		Document doc = writer.getDocument();
		Element head = doc.find("html/head");
		head.element("link", "rel", "stylesheet", "type", "text/css",
"href", _stylesheet.toClientURL());
	}
}

On 4/6/07, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > PS: And may I also say that the new DOM based markup writer is
> > very cool.  I was struggling for a while how to add an enctype
> > attribute to the enclosing form without needing to patch the core
> > code (my head was still stuck in t4 mode).  Then the penny dropped
> > & I realised I could just follow the parent elements up & add the
> > attribute from within the upload component. Nifty!!
>
> Wow ... I hadn't even thought about that approach. I was going to
> replicate the T4 approach, but now I'm not so sure.

"The future is here.  It's just not evenly distributed yet."

     -- Traditional

Re: T5 Upload component?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

RE: T5 Upload component?

Posted by Ben Sommerville <be...@bulletproof.com.au>.
It will be there waiting, no urgency :)

My email was more for any other T5 users who have an urgent need
(and a willingess to trial new code).  There seemed to be at least
a couple of people expressing interest previously.

BTW - the component is implemented as a separate library/project.

cheers
Ben

Re: T5 Upload component?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I'll take a peek when I get a chance.

My intention is for there to be a small tapestry-upload project for
the Upload component. The (majority of) applications that don't use
upload will not be burdened with the many extra dependencies Upload
will bring.

On 4/4/07, Ben Sommerville <be...@bulletproof.com.au> wrote:
> FYI - I just submitted an implementation of a file upload component
> to JIRA.
> It can be downloaded from
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1354
>
> You'll have to build it yourself, but it should "just work" using
> maven.
>
> If anyone tries it out, please let me know if you have any problems
> or other feedback.
>
> regards,
> Ben

Howard M. Lewis Ship