Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Richard Hubbell <ri...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/04 06:03:37 UTC

Cookie manager

Couple of things with the cookie manager. I'm using
Jmeter 2.3.  The cookie manager defaults to Cookie
policy rfc2109, if I change it, it switches back to
rfc2109 and there's no way other than editing the jmx
by hand to change it, the gui, switches back to
rfc2109.  A minor problem. Maybe a java issue??

The other problem is more important. The cookie
manager doesn't seem to work. I've changed it's scope
but still doesn't work.

I edit the test plan in the gui and run the test
without a gui.

Re: Cookie manager

Posted by Richard Hubbell <ri...@yahoo.com>.
--- sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Works fine for me.

Hate when that happens. I loaded a jmx created in an
earlier version of Jmeter and the cookie policy can be
changed no problem.  Not sure if this a clue to my
problem. I will try re-creating the jmx and see if
that fixes things.

> > The other problem is more important. The cookie
> > manager doesn't seem to work. I've changed it's
> scope
> > but still doesn't work.
>
> It works fine for me with the default policy and
> with rfc2109.
>
> I just tried with Google and the second sampler sent
> the cookie
> provided by the first response, at least in GUI
> mode.
>
> Try enabling debug for
> jmeter.protocol.http.control.CookieManager

I will try this, thanks.

> > I edit the test plan in the gui and run the test
> > without a gui.
>
> Does it work in GUI mode for you?

I haven't tried running the test in GUI mode since
it's a remote box.

Re: Cookie manager

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.