Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Luciano - Java/Pivot Java <lc...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/07 04:41:22 UTC

Window stay-on-top

Hi,

my name is Luciano, I am very new to Apache Pivot, but I am very happy and
confident it will grow, since broad band connections ara becaming much more
common I believe applet java have years ahead in terms of maturity and
secutiry besides all of it protability... But for me to start developing my
solutions in Pivot I need a few more informations like what are the
attibutes I can set in a window/palette etc in adiction to to the properties
accessible by get/set methods... how to make a window stay on top. Is there
any possibility to put an image background in the main display? The attached
pdf file has the prototype I am working on, I have already done the same job
in Swing and Flex...

Luciano

Re: Window stay-on-top

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
Hi Luciano,

At the moment, there is no way to implement exactly what your image appears to describe, since Pivot doesn't currently support internal frames. This feature
is being tracked in this JIRA ticket:

1) "what are the attibutes I can set in a window/palette etc in adiction to to the properties accessible by get/set methods..."

The "styles" of a component are defined by the bean properties of the currently installed skin.

2) "how to make a window stay on top"

Any window will always remain on top of its owner.

3) "Is there any possibility to put an image background in the main display"

Not at present. However, you could do this with a StackPane once internal frame support has been added.

In the meantime, perhaps you could consider using a TabPane instead of internal frames to manage your MDI-like windows?