Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/30 21:34:03 UTC

TomEE for the Holidays

I'm going to make this email short, because long emails don't get responses. :)

Boy would it be awesome if we could show the world what happens when we all wake up at the same time and decide to make contributing to open source a reality.  We all push together at the same time for the biggest effect possible.  To give the world a shining reference we can point at and say "that's what our industry could look like if we did the right thing."

Let's do that, this December, which is the 19th birthday of this project.  Let's do it so well, that for next year on our 20th birthday we can do it again, even louder and better.

Let's get as many new faces on this page as we possibly can:

  - https://github.com/apache/tomee/graphs/contributors

Doing that will require two critical things:

  - People to contribute
  - People to help others contribute (critical)

So at this moment, I invite absolutely anyone to help do either or both.  Any jug or community leaders out there?  Who wants to help?

Do you have any ideas on how we could make this truly amazing?

-David

Re: TomEE for the Holidays

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
> On Nov 30, 2018, at 1:53 PM, Frankie <ka...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi David,
>
> I really would like to understand how we work in this project.
> That's why I asked you a question concerning ticket here:
> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/Merging-Old-and-New-Websites-td4685488.html
> Did you eventually overlook it?

Didn't overlook it, just trying to work my way to it :)

Though may seem incredibly ironic, I'm a weekend hacker like the rest of us :)  My weekend plans involve merging that and pushing that forward another big step.

-David

Re: TomEE for the Holidays

Posted by Rodrigo Cândido da Silva <rc...@gmail.com>.
Perfect, I will start from there.

About the JUG virtual session, I will check about some dates and back to you to confirm and schedule it @Cesar.

Thank you for the links and explanation đź‘Ť

Rodrigo.

Re: TomEE for the Holidays

Posted by César Hernández Mendoza <ce...@gmail.com>.

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández Mendoza.

Re: TomEE for the Holidays

Posted by Rodrigo Cândido da Silva <rc...@gmail.com>.
Hola CĂ©sar, como estas?

Re: TomEE for the Holidays

Posted by César Hernández Mendoza <ce...@gmail.com>.
@David

Re: TomEE for the Holidays

Re: TomEE for the Holidays

Posted by Rodrigo Cândido da Silva <rc...@gmail.com>.
Hello David,

I’m pretty happy to help and contribute in anything I can be useful :)

Please, let me know where should I start and how can I get my first step on it.

Best,

Rodrigo.