Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Henke <h....@nowa-it.de> on 2007/10/10 15:16:54 UTC

Re: t:dataTable’s rowclasses displayed incorrectly

This is the method, which adds the corresponding style class. The first
string isn't "" but one of the two desired values.

	public void determineSearchRowColors(List<SearchResultListItem>
searchResultList) {
		boolean changeRowColor = false;

		for (SearchResultListItem searchResultListItem : searchResultList) {
			if (!searchResultListItem.getSearchId().equals("")) {
				changeRowColor = !changeRowColor;
			}
			if (changeRowColor) {
				searchRowColors.add("searchTable_Row1");
			} else {
				searchRowColors.add("searchTable_Row2");
			}
		}

	}

Posted by Sushma Sharma <su...@yahoo.co.in>.
thats ok. but, There might be a small problem. Suppose
your list contains searchTable_Row1, row2, row3.
So, when you do
rowClasses="#{searchCriteriaBean.searchRowColors}"

 the list will be converted to String like this
"[searchTable_Row1, row2, row3]", i.e. first row class
will be [searchTable_Row1, notice the "[" in front of
the class name? that is the problem here.
check your page source and look for the class name of
the first row of the table.

Posted by David Brainard <sd...@gmail.com>.
Hi henke,

Eventhough there is a bug in rendering the style classes there will be a
problem if you try to pass a list of column classes because while
resolving your value binding it does a tostring of the object obtained
from the value binding so you will get an error coz toString of a list
will give sme thing like this
[searchTable_Row1,searchTable_Row2] where else the expected value is
just  "searchTable_Row1,searchTable_Row2".

so try constructing a string rather than a list... i hope this works...

Regards
David Brainard Sounthiraraj

Re: t:dataTable rowclasses displayed incorrectly

Posted by Henke <h....@nowa-it.de>.
Using a String instead of a list took care of the first line not displaying
any style. I don't use t:columns and columnClasses, though. Below is a
screenshot of the rendered datatable. I think what happens is that the
number of rows specified in the header of the dataTable determines how many
elements of the string searchRowColors and uses them as a pattern for all
result pages. Any ideas?

http://www.nabble.com/file/p13231931/datatable1.jpg

Posted by David Brainard <sd...@gmail.com>.
hi henke,

I assume that you are using *t:columns *for ur dynamic columns
generation... There is a problem in t:columns regarding styleclass
rendering(bug id:TOMAHAWK1116)....

I have fixed this issue and attached a new renderer in jira...pls get
the renderers and check it out..  :-)     ..i hope this will solve ur
problem... :-D

Posted by Henke <h....@nowa-it.de>.

Posted by Sushma Sharma <su...@yahoo.co.in>.