Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by si...@eircom.net on 2002/03/14 10:55:55 UTC

Problem with mod_webapp/warp connector

Hi,

I've recently setup a intranet site on an NT 4.0 box using Apache 1.3.23 combined with Tomcat 4.0.3.  To integrate them together I'm using the warp connector and the mod_webapp module I found at http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.1/bin/win32/webapp-module-1.0-tc40-windows.zip.  This was the only location that I could find the webapp module so I *think* it is the latest.

In general it all seems to work fine but I'm experiencing a few issues which seem to suggest to me that there is a threading issue in this version of the connector.  The two main problems I've had are:

1) If I have a html document that specifies a frameset with two .jsp frames then strange bahavior occurs.  I consistently get pr_warp.c errors and sometimes get the html output of the .jsps in the wrong frame.  If I change one of the frames to be a static .html served directly by Apache and not via the connector then the problem goes away.

2) I've created a sevlet that acts as a download page, dynamically creating zip files and sending them as inline content back to the browser using the getOutputStream() method. In general this works great.  I've noticed the problem, however, that whilst the download is proceeding (it takes a minute or so) if I use a another browser to access any other .jsp (via the connector) that the .zip download bombs out and the .jsp file is not received correctly.  If I access the .jsp by using the http connector (ie port 8080) at the same time as the download no problem occurs.  For this reason it seems to be a problem with the warp connector rather than with Tomcat itself.

Does anyone know if I am using the wrong version or are these symptoms of a bug in the connector?  As I'm new to Apache an Tomcat it may simply be a configuration issue - perhaps?

If it is thought that this is a bug maybe I'll take a look at the source code for mod_webapp and see if I can see anything wrong.  Does anynone have any ideas where to start and any information on how to get a build up and running on NT?

Thanks for any advice.
Simon Keary
simonkeary@eircom.net