Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Anders H�gqvist <ho...@hotmail.com> on 2001/03/30 15:35:17 UTC

Cocoon 1.8.x problems....again

Hello again!

I'm sorry if I send this list stupid mails but I'm getting angry up here in
Sweden.

I have now replaced a nice working Cocoon 1.7.4 with Cocoon 1.8.1, copied
all the jar files and changed tomcat.bat to point to the new jar files
(tomcat 3.1.1). I have copied the new cocoon.properties into the ROOT
catalog but all I get is this following message when I try to access
Cocoon.xml:

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
org.apache.cocoon.transformer.XalanTransformer: make sure the needed classes
can be found in the classpath (org/apache/xalan/xpath/xml/XMLParserLiaison)
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:122)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.<init>(Engine.java:152)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:232)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:157)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet(ServletWrapper.java:315)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:445)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I hope someoe might know what my problem is!

Thanks again
Anders Högqvist

Re: Cocoon 1.8.x problems....again

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.
On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 01:35:17PM -0000, Anders H?gqvist wrote:
> Hello again!
>
> I'm sorry if I send this list stupid mails but I'm getting angry up here in
> Sweden.
>
> I have now replaced a nice working Cocoon 1.7.4 with Cocoon 1.8.1, copied
> all the jar files and changed tomcat.bat to point to the new jar files
> (tomcat 3.1.1). I have copied the new cocoon.properties into the ROOT
> catalog but all I get is this following message when I try to access
> Cocoon.xml:
>
> Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
> org.apache.cocoon.transformer.XalanTransformer: make sure the needed classes
> can be found in the classpath (org/apache/xalan/xpath/xml/XMLParserLiaison)

Looks like you have a mismatch between cocoon.jar and xalan.jar
versions.  Are you certain you don't have any other versions of
xalan.jar lying around in a) your classpath, b) your $TOMCAT_HOME/lib
directory?

Try the windows equivalent of 'jar tvf xalan.jar | grep
org.apache.xalan.xpath' to make sure the xalan.jar you're using is the
right version. It should be 1.2.x vintage.

--Jeff