Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ritchie Young <Ri...@westone.wa.gov.au> on 2003/03/21 00:53:08 UTC

How to put an @ in a mailto link

Hi,

I've started using Forrest lately and found it very useful in terms of
getting a nicely structured site up quickly.

I'm using it for an intranet site and I want to do a mailing list page. I
wanted to include a mailto: link so that users could subscribe to the
mailing list just by clicking the link so I put:

<link href="mailto:blah-subscribe@lists.westone.wa.gov.au">subscribe to
blah</link>

which resulted in:

a mailto link to the recipient 'blah-subscribe.at.lists.westone.wa.gov.au'.

Presumably, this behaviour is to foil spammers when generating Internet
sites but can it be circumvented if you really do want to generate a real
email address?

Thanks
Ritchie

RE: How to put an @ in a mailto link

Posted by Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com>.
David Crossley wrote (on Thursday, March 20, 2003 5:41 PM):

> Ritchie Young wrote:
> <snip/>
> > Presumably, this behaviour is to foil spammers when generating Internet
> > sites but can it be circumvented if you really do want to
> generate a real
> > email address?
>
> It is not yet configurable, but could/should be made so.
> I have added your suggestion to the todo list.
>
> You could disable this feature by making some modifications
> to the src/resources/skins/common/xslt/html/document2html.xsl
> at around line 204.

I saw Ritchie Young's xslt that followed. What would be the best approach
for Apache sites using forrestbot? (I am with FOP). Thanks very much.

Victor Mote

Re: How to put an @ in a mailto link

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Ritchie Young wrote:
<snip/>
> Presumably, this behaviour is to foil spammers when generating Internet
> sites but can it be circumvented if you really do want to generate a real
> email address?

It is not yet configurable, but could/should be made so.
I have added your suggestion to the todo list.

You could disable this feature by making some modifications
to the src/resources/skins/common/xslt/html/document2html.xsl
at around line 204.

--David