Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Morris Jones <mo...@whiteoaks.com> on 2007/02/22 21:54:47 UTC

Can one have a log4j repository per webapp in Tomcat?

At my company we have Tomcat 5.5 instances running lots of webapps, and
problems with those apps interfering with each other's log files --
especially in instances of libraries like hibernate.

I've read and understand the principles of using log4j respositories,
such as Ceki Gülcü's document here <http://www.qos.ch/logging/sc.jsp>,
but I get the impression that a component-based RepositorySelector is
not available in Tomcat.

Is there a known way to eliminate interference between web applications
in logging when using a log4j in common/lib?

Best regards,
Mojo
--
Morris Jones