Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Setya <js...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/27 14:48:12 UTC

Re: Combining CXF DOSGI & Tomcat

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your hint.

> As far as I can tell it only will work with the servlet transport. So make
> sure you set an address like "/myservice". This will make CXF choose the
> servlet transport instead of the jetty transport.

Could you please elaborate more on difference between servlet & jetty
transport ?

>  You will also need to
> make sure you have a HTTPService present that is backed by tomcat.

In Karaf 4.0.3 I found only the following Tomcat related features:

pax-http-tomcat
pax-war-tomcat

Are they enough to accomplish the task ?

Sorry, I'm pretty new to this stuff.

Thanks & Regards,
Setya

Re: Combining CXF DOSGI & Tomcat

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Like said ... if your cxf endpoint address starts like /path then you use
servlet transport. If you use a fully qualified address then the jetty
transport is used.

Christian

> Hi Christian,
>
> Thank you for your explanation.
>
> How does using /<context> make me using servlet transport instead if
> Jetty's.
>
> I mean how do I know which 1 I'm currently using ?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Setya

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com
<https://owa.talend.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=3aa4083e0c744ae1ba52bd062c5a7e46&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.talend.com>

Re: Combining CXF DOSGI & Tomcat

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
The jetty transport will create a new jetty instance internally and listen
on the specified port. It directly depends on jetty.

The servlet transport uses the OSGi HttpService. It only depends on the
HttpService API. So to make it work you need to install a HttpService
implementation. By default this is pax-web with the jetty backend. To use
tomcat you need to install a HttpService based on Tomcat. I think pax-web
might already provide this but I am not sure.

Christian