Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by tomk <rr...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/24 00:28:14 UTC

meaning of backup options.

Hi,
What does it mean following options:

?

Re: meaning of backup options.

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
'readFromBackup' defines if it's allowed to read the local value from the
backup. I.e. if you're executing get(K) on the server node, this node is
backup for the K and readFromBackup is false, Ignite will send the request
to primary node and get the value from there. By default the value is true,
so is the entry is available locally, no network trips are required.

'copyOnRead' defines whether the copy of the value is created before it's
returned from the cache. Of course, this makes sense only if the value is
read locally (e.g., if in case of get() on primary or backup node, in case
of invoke(), etc.). Setting this to false can improve performance, because
you avoid additional deserialization step, but it's not safe to mutate the
value that you read in this case, so usually it's used only for immutable
objects.

-Val

Re: meaning of backup options.

Posted by Tomek W <rr...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I did mean:

*<property name="readFromBackup" value="true"/><property name="copyOnRead"
value="true"/>*

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.