Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by zhanng <zh...@yahoo.com> on 2009/12/22 18:44:58 UTC

Com4jObject Implementation

While I am not new to Java development, I am new to COM development, and have
never come across code quite like com4j before. I am trying to find some
good documentation, or better yet examples, on how to get things done but
aside from the bundled samples I can't find anything more tangible.

My primary concern at the moment in the Com4jObject. One of my COM objects
requires me to pass a Com4jObject as search criteria and I can't understand
how to do so. The COM documentation defines the function as needing two
string parameters, but the wrapper function calls for a Com4jObject. I tried
implementing a class that would pass for a Com4jObject, but so far I have
been completely unsuccessful.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do, or where I can look? This
is frustrating to say the least, and the more I fail at a task the more
frustrated I get which in turn leads me to fail more ... and so the vicious
cycle continues.

Thanks in advance
Dan

Re: Com4jObject Implementation

Posted by zhanng <zh...@yahoo.com>.
... oops, I just realized I posted this to Log4J ... I was looking for Com4J
... sorry about that.