Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by David Leangen <co...@leangen.net> on 2006/11/21 10:27:55 UTC

Use of non-standard directory structure

Hello!

It appears that we're using a non-standard directory structure.

Due to our hierarchy of projects, we wanted to use short names for our
directories, but longer names for the project names. So, our project
names do not necessarily have the same value as the directory in which
it sits.

Because of this, Continuum can't find the source from svn, and I get an
error like this:

Provider message: The svn command failed.
Command output:
svn: URL 'https://company.com/com/company/group/group-module' doesn't exist

When the URL should be:
  https://company.com/com/company/group/module

Is my only option to change my directory names?

Or can I set the values in my POMs or something?

Thank you!

Re: Use of non-standard directory structure

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 11/21/06, David Leangen <co...@leangen.net> wrote:

> Due to our hierarchy of projects, we wanted to use short names for our
> directories, but longer names for the project names. So, our project
> names do not necessarily have the same value as the directory in which
> it sits.
>
> Because of this, Continuum can't find the source from svn, and I get an
> error like this:
> Is my only option to change my directory names?
>
> Or can I set the values in my POMs or something?

You can either change the directory names, or configure the <scm>
element in the pom.

Here's an example from the MyFaces project, which uses a directory
name of 'impl' for the myfaces-impl module.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/core/trunk/impl/pom.xml

--
Wendy