Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2005/06/28 09:22:46 UTC

[Axis2] JavaOne Presentation

Here is a copy of the presentation I did at the Axis2 BOF session at JavaOne
tonight.  It went very well, with about 100-plus people in the audience, and
some great questions at the end.  I noticed a bunch of people writing down
the project contact info, so perhaps we'll get some new recruits!!

I noticed afterwards that I left a bunch of stuff out, like the async model
and pictorial examples of stuff like request/reply.... I'll fix that at some
point, but it's pretty hard to squeeze all this into an hour as is... :)

--Glen

Re: [Axis2] JavaOne Presentation

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
On 6/28/05, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:
> Here is a copy of the presentation I did at the Axis2 BOF session at JavaOne
> tonight.  It went very well, with about 100-plus people in the audience, and
> some great questions at the end.  I noticed a bunch of people writing down
> the project contact info, so perhaps we'll get some new recruits!!
presentation is just GREAT glen!
> I noticed afterwards that I left a bunch of stuff out, like the async model
> and pictorial examples of stuff like request/reply.... I'll fix that at some
> point, but it's pretty hard to squeeze all this into an hour as is... :)
yap we will need a books to if we are to get it all explained :)
Thanks
Srinath

Re: [Axis2] JavaOne Presentation

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
> Very nice presentation .. but we really have to get you to stop talking
> about handlers and to talk about modules .. and *then* handlers ;-).

Other way around, dude. :)  This was a room full of people who all
understood Axis 1, and were in general already grokking the handler chain
idea.  So you explain the ExecutionChain first, and how handlers work
together with the context stack to do useful things, and then you explain
how modules are an incredibly useful packaging and deployment tool for sets
of associated handlers.  Works much better, IMHO.

> Did u get any flak about the laye ing of JAX-{RPC,WS} stuff on top?

Nope.  Roberto was there and nodding his head a bit as I described that.  No
one commented on it (although I did get asked if we were going to require
J2SE 5).

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Very nice presentation .. but we really have to get you to stop talking
about handlers and to talk about modules .. and *then* handlers ;-).

100+ people? Wow very nice .. let's hope we get some of 'em here!

Did u get any flak about the laye ing of JAX-{RPC,WS} stuff on top?

Sanjiva.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Glen,

I posted a HTML version here - http://people.apache.org/~dims/axis2/

Is this ok?

thanks,
dims

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Glen, Great work !!!

Seems like we also can extract some stuff from your presentation. Hope this
is not copyright protected :).

Anyway, it's nice to see Axis2 becoming widely known.

- Chinthaka