Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael-O <19...@gmx.net> on 2013/01/02 20:31:22 UTC

Retrieving interpolated property config from a plugin within a Mojo

Hi,

I am currently trying to figure out in a Mojo how far interpolation
works for the Model class. There seems to be a interpolation limitation.

Say I define this:
<properties>
   <maven.compiler.source>1.6</maven.compiler.source>
   <maven.compiler.target>1.6</maven.compiler.target>
</properties>

The compiler plugin works as expected but when I try to retrieve that
plugin's config, those values are null.

I have noticed this problem in several plugins and reported bugs in [1],
[2] and [3].

Is there any way to retrieve that kind of "dynamic" configuration?
I know that the Model JavaDoc says that no interpolation is written back
to the model.

I presume that this is an intentional functional limitation of the sytem?

Thanks,

Michael

Re: Retrieving interpolated property config from a plugin within a Mojo

Posted by Michael-O <19...@gmx.net>.
Am 2013-01-02 20:31, schrieb Michael-O:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently trying to figure out in a Mojo how far interpolation
> works for the Model class. There seems to be a interpolation limitation.
>
> Say I define this:
> <properties>
>    <maven.compiler.source>1.6</maven.compiler.source>
>    <maven.compiler.target>1.6</maven.compiler.target>
> </properties>
>
> The compiler plugin works as expected but when I try to retrieve that
> plugin's config, those values are null.
>
> I have noticed this problem in several plugins and reported bugs in [1],
> [2] and [3].
>
> Is there any way to retrieve that kind of "dynamic" configuration?
> I know that the Model JavaDoc says that no interpolation is written back
> to the model.
>
> I presume that this is an intentional functional limitation of the sytem?

Sorry, here are the links:

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPH-90
[2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPIR-263
[3] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPIR-263