Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Fe...@thomson.com on 2006/05/03 12:41:39 UTC

flow not logging

Hello,

I am using cocoon.log.debug() in flow but nothing is output in the log
file.

I see DEBUG messages from other parts of cocoon.

I am using log4j

Thanks

Re: flow not logging

Posted by Andre Juffer <An...@oulu.fi>.
Fernando.Matomira@thomson.com wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am using cocoon.log.debug() in flow but nothing is output in the log file.
>
> I see DEBUG messages from other parts of cocoon.
>
> I am using log4j

Look in WEB-INF/web.xml for the following:

     <!--
       If you want to configure log4j using Cocoon, then you can define
       an XML configuration file here. You can use the usual log4j property
       substituation mechanism, e.g. ${context-root} is replaced by the
       context root of this web application etc.
       You can configure the log4j configuration even if you use LogKit
       for Cocoon logging. You can use this to configure third party code
       for example.
     -->
       <init-param>
         <param-name>log4j-config</param-name>
         <param-value>/WEB-INF/log4j.xconf</param-value>
       </init-param>

You should check whether the <init-param> ... </init-param> is
uncommented. Restart your servlet engine if you need to make changes.

> Thanks

The Biocenter and            | Fax: +358-8-553-1141
     the Dep. of Biochemistry | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi