Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Shamdasani Nimmi-ANS004 <AN...@NAmerica.mot.com> on 2000/07/26 03:47:54 UTC

PLEASE HELP: Why am I getting this errror?

Hi,

I have been able to run the Struts example until now when  I added my own
application 'trial2' under webapps on Tomcat. I modified action.xml and
web.xml to suit my application and copied ApplicationResources.properties
from example directory to my classes dir. Also added struts.tld to Web-inf
folder and struts.jar to lib folder under Web-inf.

Now When I start tomcat and I get this error on my DOS window(see attached
file):
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.struts.example.User

I just can't understand how adding my application gives out this error. When
I remove my app I have no problem running the example. I even checked my
files to make sure I didn't have 'org.apache.struts.example.User' anywhere.

Did I forget to add any files. What am I missing?

-Nimmi

Re: PLEASE HELP: Why am I getting this errror?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Shamdasani Nimmi-ANS004 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been able to run the Struts example until now when  I added my own
> application 'trial2' under webapps on Tomcat. I modified action.xml and
> web.xml to suit my application and copied ApplicationResources.properties
> from example directory to my classes dir. Also added struts.tld to Web-inf
> folder and struts.jar to lib folder under Web-inf.
>
> Now When I start tomcat and I get this error on my DOS window(see attached
> file):
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.struts.example.User
>
> I just can't understand how adding my application gives out this error. When
> I remove my app I have no problem running the example. I even checked my
> files to make sure I didn't have 'org.apache.struts.example.User' anywhere.

Did you also copy the Struts example "web.xml" file for your application?  If
so, you might be trying to load the example app's "DatabaseServlet" servlet,
which tries to reference this class.  You should remove any reference to Struts
example servlets from your own "web.xml".

It is also possible that this is a side effect to problems of missing resource
files that affected builds from 07/23 through last night.  Please try again with
the most recent Struts build (which will be generated tonight with date
20000726).

Craig McClanahan

PLEASE HELP?

Posted by Zhu Yongzhong <zh...@voxa.com>.
Thanks for Craig's help.

But I find the same problems when I use the version dated 07/22/2000.

the following is log in servlet.log:

Context log path="/struts-example" :action: Finalizing this controller
servlet
Context log path="/struts-example" :database: Finalizing database servlet
Context log path="/struts-example" :database: Database unload exception
Context log path="/struts-example" :tomcat.errorPage: destroy
Context log path="/struts-example" :default: destroy

Jeff

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.

PLEASE HELP?